Did you fore-get about that new golf venue that’s coming to Indy’s south side? Well, we’re swinging by to let you know that the project that began almost a year ago officially opens on Fri., Aug 5.
⛳ What is it?
Back 9 is a new 58,500-sqft golf + entertainment venue along the banks of the White River complete with 75 golf bays, a 350-person music pavilion, outdoor beer garden, restaurant, meeting rooms, and a game area. Need some caffeine? Brownsburg’s Best Friends Coffee & Bagels is also opening up its first Indianapolis location at Back 9.
View this post on Instagram
🏌️How to play
Bring the whole crew. To play, you’ll choose a Tee Bay (for up to eight players) or a T-Suite (for up to 25 players).
Then you can choose from several different games:
- Driving Range | This one is best for warming up + practicing your swings.
- Bullseye | A rapid fire game where each player has five chances to score as many points as they can on three targets.
- Longest Drive | Like the name implies, see who has the longest drive in your group with five shots each.
- Twenty One | Fuse a game of golf + cards by hitting targets to collect the card. Play a full hand, then hand it off to the next player. The closest to 21 points wins.
- Golf Courses | Virtually tee up at one of America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses.
Not a golfer? The venue will have something for everyone, from live music to business meetings, parties, and private events.
Pro tip: If you think you’ll be hanging out at Back 9 often, check out its membership options with added benefits like discounts on food + beverages, priority access to golfing bays, and early access to events and live music.
📍1415 Drover St.
⏰ Sunday-Thursday 10 a.m.-11 p.m., Friday + Saturday: 10 a.m.-1 a.m.