The countdown to kickoff for college + NFL football is on, and we’ve got the 411 on when and where to catch all the action around Indianapolis. 🏈
Indiana University will head to Kinnick Stadium to play Iowa University on Sat., Sept. 4.
Purdue University will host Oregon State University for their season opener on Sat., Sept. 4.
While our Indianapolis Colts won’t have their first game until Sun., Sept. 12 at home versus the Seattle Seahawks, it’s still perfectly acceptable to start planning out how you’ll spend your game days in Indy.
Fun facts about Indiana’s teams
- According to Finance Buzz, Colts fans spend less than $100 on team merchandise annually, at $85.34 per year. This is the lowest spend out of all NFL fan bases, with the Detroit Lions fan base being the second lowest at $98.81 per year.
- The Colts have the 23rd most difficult schedule this season, tied with the Buffalo Bills, according to the CBS Sports schedule rankings.
- Rivalry, anyone? Since 1925, the Indiana-Purdue rivalry has been played for a trophy called the Old Oaken Bucket. Since the trophy’s inception, Purdue leads the overall series with 74 wins to Indiana’s 42. The teams have tied six times.
- In this season’s AP Top 25 Poll, Indiana is starting off the season ranked No. 17. They are ranked as the third highest in the Big 10 conference, behind Wisconsin at No. 12 and Ohio State at No. 4.
- The Big Ten, ACC + Big 12 have all announced that there will be no rescheduling for any games this season due to COVID-19 cancellations. Whichever team cannot field a full squad will be forced to forfeit the match.
🗓️Home game schedule
🏈Sun., Sept. 12 — Colts vs. Seattle Seahawks
🏈Sun., Sept. 19 — Colts vs. Los Angeles Rams
🏈Sun., Oct. 17 — Colts vs. Houston Texans
🏈Sun., Oct. 31 — Colts vs. Tennessee Titans
🏈Thurs.Nov. 4 — Colts vs. New York Jets
🏈Sun.Nov. 14 — Colts vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
🏈Sun., Nov. 28 — Colts vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
🏈Sun., Dec. 19 — Colts vs. New England Patriots
🏈Sun., Jan. 2 — Colts vs. Las Vegas Raiders
🎟️Tickets: There are five main ticket options — Season Tickets, Single Game tickets, Premium Seating tickets, FanDuel Fan Pass tickets, and Group Seating tickets. Prices start at $28 for select single games. The ticket office is located at 7001 W. 56th St.
🗓️Home game schedule:
🏈Sat., Sept. 11 — Indiana vs. Idaho
🏈Sat., Sept. 18 — Indiana vs. Cincinnati
🏈Sat., Oct. 16 — Indiana vs. Michigan State | Homecoming
🏈Sat., Oct. 23 — Indiana vs. Ohio State
🏈Sat., Oct. 13 — Indiana vs. Rutgers
🏈Sat., Nov. 20 — Indiana vs. Minnesota
🎟️Tickets: You can buy tickets online, with prices starting at $30 for select single games. The ticket office is located at 1001 E. 17th St., Bloomington, IN.
🗓️Home game schedule + game day themes::
🏈Sat., Sept 4 — Purdue vs. Oregon State | Military Appreciation Day + 500th Game in Ross-Ade
🏈Sat., Sept. 25 — Purdue vs. Illinois | Cannon Trophy Game + Ag Day
🏈Sat., Oct. 2 — Purdue vs. Minnesota | Homecoming
🏈Sat., Oct. 23 — Purdue vs. Wisconsin | Hammer Down Cancer Game + Family Day
🏈Sat., Nov. 6 — Purdue vs. Michigan State | Boilermaker Kids Club Game
🏈Sat., Nov. 27 — Purdue vs. Indiana | Old Oaken Bucket Game
🎟️Tickets: You can buy tickets online, with prices starting at $15 for select single games. The ticket office is located at 900 John R. Wooden Dr., West Lafayette, IN.
Where to watch Hoosier, Boilermakers + Colts games in Indianapolis
🍺Stadium Tavern | 802 S. West St.
🍺High Velocity | 10 S. West St.
🍺Brother’s Bar and Grill | 255 S. Meridian St.
🍺Kilroy’s | 201 S. Meridian St.
🍺The District Tap | 141 S. Meridian St.
🍺The Whistle Stop | 375 Illinois St.
🍺Yard House | 15 W. Maryland St.
🍺Ale Emporium | 8617 Allisonville Rd.
🍺Average Joe’s Sports Pub and Grub | 814 Broad Ripple Ave.
Know of a Colts, Hoosier, or Boilermaker bar that’s not mentioned above? We’d love to add it to our list. Email us your favorite spot to spend game day in Indianapolis.