Indianapolis may be called the Circle City, but the last thing you want to do is drive in circles. That’s why we’ve put together some parking tips to make getting to Indy’s top destinations a straight shot.
Across the city
- Downtown Indy has 73,000+ street parking spots.
- Meters are enforced Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-11 p.m. daily.
- The hourly rate is either $1 or $1.50, depending on if the street is residential.
- All meters are free on Sundays + observed holidays.
Pro tip: Use the ParkMobile app to locate + pay for metered parking on the go.
Near Lucas Oil
- South Lot | 500 S. Capitol Ave. | Event day parking can be $10-$35, so make sure you show up in advance — as kickoff approaches, prices go up.
- S. Kenwood Ave. Lot E | 905 S. Kenwood Ave. | There is a flat rate of $10 but be prepared to walk a little.
Near White River State Park
- Underground Garage | 650 W. Washington St. | 2-3 hours will cost you $15 + you’ll be protected rain or shine.
- Surface Lot | 801 W. Washington St. | Cheaper than the underground garage, this one is only $9 for 2-3 hours.
Near Mass Ave.
- Penrose Garage | 530 Massachusetts Ave. | 0-3 hours is $5, 3-12 hours is $8.
- Alabama & Mass Ave. Lot | 363 Massachusetts Ave. | $5 on weekdays + $10 on weekends.
Avoid parking altogether
- The Pacers Bikeshare program lets you rent a bike for $1 per ride + $0.15 a minute. Bonus: All 50 locations are on or near the Indianapolis Cultural Trail.
- Bird + Lime Scooters are back in Indy following last summer’s suspension, giving you another transportation option. Both travel up to 15 mph with similar costs.
- IndyGo buses have routes all over the city, and the fare for one day is only $4.
- Strut your stuff. Monument Circle + the surrounding area have a walkability score of 97, so we’d recommend taking a bus there, then exploring on foot.
Downtown Indy has more information + available parking spots.
Need a visual? Check out our interactive map below. Parking pros can also add their favorite parking lots or garages to the map.