Tomorrow (Nov. 11) is Veterans Day, so we want to take a moment to thank all of our Hoosier veterans and military members out there who may be reading this. We appreciate you and thank you for your service.
There are several ways you can join in honoring service members in the Circle City.
- This morning at 11 a.m., there will be a Veterans Day Service at the Indiana War Memorial with guest speakers, a wreath laying, a flyover performed by the Indiana National Guard, and a tolling of the USS Indianapolis bell in tribute.
- Then, the Indianapolis Veterans Day Parade will start at 12 p.m. beginning at the intersection of Michigan and Pennsylvania streets, with the route going around the Legion Mall and Indiana War Memorial. Pro tip: There will be no public parking on Michigan Street + there will be some street closures.
- The Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site is organizing a virtual event on Facebook Live on Saturday, Nov. 11 at 6 p.m. A lone bugler from the Indiana National Guard will sound taps to help us honor the important service of veterans and military service members. You can join in by playing taps at exactly 9 p.m. from your own front porch.
- Visit the Heroes from the Heartland section on level two of the Indiana State Museum to learn about the state’s military history and see artifacts from collections that share important stories of service.
- On Saturday, Nov. 11, Newfields is showing its appreciation by offering veterans, active service members, and their immediate family members complimentary tickets to The LUME featuring Van Gogh + general admission to the museum. To get your tickets, you must present proof of service at the Welcome Desk.
- Clancy’s Hospitality is offering a voucher for a free meal (up to $15) for former or active military service members at any of its restaurants. Offer is valid from Nov. 12-26.