July is nationally recognized as Parks and Recreation Month + to celebrate, The Parks Alliance of Indianapolis and Sinclair Recreation are bringing back “For the love of parks” — a local campaign to raise awareness and funding for our parks.
All month long, The Parks Alliance is curating micro-fundraisers that celebrate parks and support local businesses. The campaign is already underway, but there are still plenty of ways to get involved.
- Sun Up to Sun Down | Today, July 18 | 11 a.m.-3 a.m. | 745 Mass Ave., Indianapolis | Visit Mass Ave Pub + enjoy your favorite drink while also contributing to The Parks Alliance’s local campaign.
- Specialty beer release with Guggman Haus | Thursday, July 20 | 12-10 p.m. | 1701 Gent Ave., Indianapolis | Guggman Haus Brewing Co. is giving back with a special release of their newest craft beer, For the Love of Parks Hazy IPA.
- Poster Screen Printing Pop-Up | Friday, July 21 | 8 a.m.- 12 p.m. | Highland Park, 1100 E. New York St. | Enjoy the beauty of Highland Park while embracing the creative spirit at this pop-up event.
- “NDY” statue at Highland Park | Now-July 31 | Dusk to Dawn | 1100 E. New York St. | One of downtown’s most iconic parks has a picture-perfect opportunity to show your support. Take a picture with the “NDY” statue + share it online using #FortheLoveofParks and #LoveIndy.
- Give back at Tinker Coffee | Now-July 31 | 1120 Waterway Blvd. + 380 E. Market St. | When you purchase one of this month’s signature drinks — a coffee-based beverage or a refresher — 100% of the proceeds will be donated to The Parks Alliance. You’ll also have the opportunity to round up to support our city’s parks, trails, and green spaces.
- Limited edition T-shirt by Becker & Supply Co. | Now-July 31 | Online | Local brand Becker Supply Co. — known for supporting the environment by donating to environmental partners — designed a limited-edition T-shirt that supports The Parks Alliance.