Memorial Day weekend marked the first wave of Indy Parks pools opening for the season — but it was only for a quick dip. The pools are currently closed for additional lifeguard training + will reopen for the official start of the summer season on Saturday, June 3.
Unlike last season, pools will not be free. Admission fees will be between $2 and $5, depending on the pool. Pro tip: you can also purchase an Indy Parks Fun Card for $40/person (ages 3 and above), which gives you access to one pool per day for the whole season.
- Broad Ripple Park | 1550 Broad Ripple Ave.
- Brookside Park | 3510 Brookside Pkwy S. Dr.
- Frederick Douglass Park | 1616 E. 25th St.
- Garfield Park | 2345 Pagoda Dr.
- Gustafson Park | 3110 Moller Rd.
- Indy Island Aquatic Center | 8575 E. Raymond St.
- Perry Park | 451 E. Stop 11 Rd.
- Rhodius Park | 1720 W. Wilkins St.
- Riverside Park | 2420 E. Riverside Dr.
- Thatcher Park | 4649 W. Vermont St.
Pools will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. On Fridays, the pools will be open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Indy Parks is experiencing a staffing shortage + still needs to fill 80 summer positions. If you or someone you know is interested in working at a pool this summer, applications can be found on the city’s website.
If you’re looking for something a bit more shallow, a splash pad might be for you. These are typically made of concrete and have motion-detection to release streams of water + mist.
Splash pads officially turned on Saturday, May 20 + are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
You can find them all around the city, including places like Holliday Park (6363 Spring Mill Dr.) and Bertha Ross Park (3700 N. Clifton Ave.), where you can cool off after a long hike or get a view of the historic Crown Hill Cemetery. See the full list of splash pads.
Heads up: due to construction, Andrew Ramsey, Bowman, and Washington Parks’ splash pads will be closed this season.
Surrounding area pools
If you’re looking for something a little outside the 465 loop, deep-end on.
- Forest Park Aquatic Center | 1077 Cicero Rd., Noblesville | $4+ admission
- The Waterpark | 1195 Central Park Dr. W., Carmel | $12+ admission
- Freedom Springs Aquatic Park | 850 W. Stop 18 Rd., Greenwood | $6+ admission
- Splash Island | 651 Vestal Rd., Plainfield | $6+ admission
Get the details on more central Indiana pools.