Table of Contents
Sometimes, a simple meal at one of the old stand-bys just won’t do. Whether you’re looking to entertain out-of-towners, one-up your foodie friends, or impress someone special, sometimes you need a dinner with a little extra pizzazz.
We’re inviting you to the table at these six unique dinners around Indy.
Dinner and a show 🎭
- Jazz Jam Session | Mondays | 6:30 p.m. | The Jazz Kitchen, 5377 N. College Ave. | Cost of purchase | Sit back and listen as local musicians meld their styles together on stage in an improvised format and enjoy Cajun dishes like etoufee.
- It’s a Wonderful Life | Friday, Dec. 2-Tuesday, Dec. 20 | Various times | Beef and Boards, 9301 Michigan Rd. | $36+ | Something the whole family can get behind, this tried and true dinner theater experience is getting into the holiday spirit with seasonal shows and hearty meals like slow-roasted beef and chicken stew.
- Art Dish | Monday, Jan. 9 | 6:30 p.m. | Harrison Center, 1505 N. Delaware St. | $150 | The monthly dinner series offers an opportunity to break bread with local artists and experience a set menu crafted by celebrity chefs from around the city in an art gallery setting. Bonus: you’ll get to see the dinner table descend from the ceiling, accompanied by a brief dance performance.
For the seasoned foodies 🍝
- Mystery Monday | Mondays | Various times | The Hulman, 141 E. Washington St. | Price varies | This one goes out to the indecisive eaters and amateur detectives. Follow along on social media to discover the secret items that will go into that evening’s dinner.
- The Feast | Sunday, Dec. 11 | 6 p.m. | Ash & Elm,1301 E. Washington St. | $160 | Ever been to a 12-course cider feast? This culinary marathon will feature every Cider of the Month from 2022 paired with bites like ceviche and cardomom crème brûlée.
- Buon Appetito Italian Wine Dinner | Monday, Dec. 19 | 6 p.m. | Wine Market & Table, 1110 Shelby St. | $85 | Sip on six wines from “Bel Paese” as you work your way through five courses, beginning with an Eggplant Caponata and ending with a Buttermilk Panna Cotta.