Local art is a big part of what helps a community thrive, and Indy is flooded with incredible makers. Here are just a few you can look to for inspiration, unique gifts, or just an excuse to treat yourself.
- Red’s Super Rose is more than just flowers. The family behind the bouquets are curators of all things artistic, selling a variety of goods from their driveway stand located near the corner of East 9th + N. Graham Ave. Stop by for candle making kits, kitschy jewelry, homegrown produce, and, of course, flowers.
- Are you in your cheeky era? Then you’re going to love Blythe’s one-of-a-kind planters, trays, and other resin items featuring beautiful wildflowers. Contact her for commissions or keep an eye on her Instagram for frequent giveaways and sales.
- Nobody does hand embroidery like Zoie. We’re blown away by the portraits she creates, but don’t overlook her work with quotes and special dates too. You can also get your own DIY kit from her Etsy shop.
- For any custom woodworking product from cutting boards to coasters to furniture, Jeremy’s your guy. He uses only the highest quality wood to create pieces that will look beautiful for years to come.
- If you ever doubted that baking is an art form, one look at Kelsey’s Instagram will set you straight. Her custom cookies make the perfect showstopping dessert for any special occasion. Plan ahead: orders book out several months in advance.
- Put the bagged Walmart costume down. Go with Jess instead, a local costume designer who has outfitted everyone from drag queens to Taylor Swift concertgoers to Notre Dame’s mascot. You can start a consultation for a custom look on her website.