Did you know the third week in September is National Indoor Plant Week? It serves as a week-long celebration of the perfect indoor air cleaner.
It’s no surprise that houseplant ownership increased 18% during the height of the pandemic, and thanks to subsequent plantfluencers (hey, @hoosier_plant_daddy 👋), decor trends, and passionate plant parents — it’s clear that the plant-boom is here to stay.
Take the leaf of faith + start your plant journey, once and floral. Here are some local shops to adopt your next plant baby:
- Grounded Plant and Floral Co. | 1002 E. Washington St. Ste. 100
- Snakeroot Botanicals | 1052 Virginia Ave.
- Urban Houseplant Collective | 2 Johnson Ave.
- Eagle Creek Nursery & Landscape | 8160 Lafayette Rd.
- The Forest Flower | 3205 W. 71 St.
- Andrea’s Garden Center | 5412 E. 65 St.
- Dammann’s Garden Company | 5129 Emerson Ave.
- The Botanical Bar | 1103 N. College Ave.
- Stomping Ground | 1625 Nowland Ave.
- Rooftop Fruit | 1058 Virginia Ave.