With more development projects than we can even keep track of sometimes, we think it’s fair to call 2024 a year of development in Indianapolis.
You’ll be seeing lots of cranes and construction barriers across the city, so to help you keep it all straight, we’re rounding up some of the biggest development projects that will be under construction — and even nearing completion — this year.
- City Market will close for redevelopment of the block starting March 1.
- Expansion of the Cultural Trail along Indiana Avenue and South Street is expected to be completed in the spring + work will begin on a second phase along the White River — plus, a new bridge.
- The trail expansion will connect downtown to Elanco’s new headquarters and Indy Eleven’s new stadium, Eleven Park, which are both currently under construction.
- Construction could begin late in the year on the Old City Hall property, planned to become a boutique hotel, apartments, condos, and art gallery with an adjoining tower.
- Construction of Bottleworks Phase II will be completed in sections, with openings expected in 2024 and 2025.
- Work is underway for the Pan Am Plaza redevelopment, which includes convention center expansion and a new Signia by Hilton hotel, and is anticipated to be completed in the summer of 2026.
- North Mass District is in the works — with one section to wrap in spring, followed by more construction expected to start in the summer.